Parent Update - Nov. 30, 2020
Posted by Linda Borgerding on 11/30/2020 4:30:00 PM
Dear Pinewood Families,
I hope you had an enjoyable break! Distance Learning All starts on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020. Your child brought home their device and materials needed for this week to complete the activities assigned by the teachers on Friday, Nov. 20.
Items to help make Distance Learning a wonderful experience
- Distance Learning All Family Block Schedule
- Students must use School Chromebook or Chrome Tablet to access activities
- Distance Learning Troubleshooting and Tech Support Guide
- Chrome device Student Responsibilities and Chrome care plan:
Attached is a copy of the Chromedevice Student Responsibilities and Chromecare plan. The Optional Chromecare to cover accidental damage to Chromebooks and ChromeTablets is $30.00. The payment is due by January 8, 2021. When you log into Campus, you will see the message that displays on the parent portal. This is the message
Parents: Protect Your Students Chrome Device with Chromecare
- Purchase the Optional District Chromecare for $30.00 by January 8, 2021.
- For elementary students issued a Chromebook or a Chrometablet in November, the deadline to purchase Chromecare ends on January 8, 2021.
- District Chromecare covers your student's school-issued Chromebook or Chrometablet for the rest of the school year against damage caused by accidents, drops, spills, loss, and theft. Details for Chromecare, coverage and cost for repair can be found here.
- Please review the Chromecare details. There is a deductible for the 1st and 2nd incident.
- If you choose to purchase Chromecare, navigate to Fees to pay by January 8, 2021.
Conferences have been moved to Dec. 7 & 8 for Distance Learning All students. Please access myconferencetime.com/pinewood to sign up for a virtual conference if you have not done so at this time. Your child’s teacher will send out virtual link via parent email. Virtual Elementary Conference Information
Pinewood is prepared and ready for Distance Learning. The live meets and block schedule will make for a better learning environment than last spring. The first day may have a few bumps, but working together, we can solve the problems and get everyone on board and ready to learn.
Linda Borgerding | Principal