In-Person/Hybrid Parent Update Nov. 18, 2020
Posted by Linda Borgerding on 11/18/2020 5:00:00 PM
Dear Pinewood In-Person/Hybrid Families,
As I think about 2020, many words come to mind to describe this year. For this communication, we will be focusing on the word “change”. Other than moving from the Hybrid Learning Model to Distance Learning All Model, there are two additional changes:
- Student hours will be similar to our in school time now: 9:15 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Conferences are moving from Nov. 23 & 24 to Dec. 7 & 8
Student hours will be similar to our in school time now: 9:15 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. This is a change from the previous communication on Nov. 13 that stated we would start an hour earlier. A few of our support programs could not make the change to the earlier time so we need to go back to the 9:15 a.m. start time. See attached schedule for additional information.
Conferences Moved to Dec. 7 & 8
To provide additional time to prepare for the Distance Learning All Model, Fall Conferences will be moved from Nov. 23 & 24 to Dec. 7 & 8.
- Conferences scheduled for Nov. 23 will be moved to Dec. 7
- Conferences scheduled for Nov. 24 will be moved to Dec. 8
- Date changes will be made in myconferencetime.com/pinewood by 5:00 p.m. tonight. The time you previous signed up for will be the same.
- If a link for a virtual conference has already been emailed to you by the classroom teacher, the link will be updated next week and resent to you. If a virtual link has not been sent out at this time, the link will be sent next week.
- If the date or time do not work for you, please make the change in myconferencetime.com/pinewood
- If you are unable to meet on these dates or times, please contact your child’s teacher to set up another meeting.
- During the December Conferences, teacher and parent will be able to discuss your child’s progress during In-person/Hybrid model and during the Distance Learning All model.
- Your child’s progress report will be sent home this week.
- Instruction will occur from 9:15-11:30 a.m. on Dec. 7 & 8
Schedule and Calendar
See attachment for the Distance Learning All Family Block Schedule and a calendar for the rest of November & December. (The schedule and calendar will be printed at Pinewood and sent home on Friday.) We believe the block schedule will be easy to implement at home, daycare or at Grandma and Grandpa’s house. Devices and chargers, along with materials needed for the week of Dec. 1 will be sent home Friday. A quiet place for your child to have their own space for distance learning is very helpful – along with a set of headphones. Lunch and recess are at the same time for all students and specials may be completed at any time during the day that works best for the family.
Virtual Chat with Pinewood Principals
Pinewood Principals will be hosting a Virtual Chat on Nov. 24 at 6:30 p.m. to answer any questions about the upcoming changes. Paste into browser: meet.google.com/dey-aaok-mzd
Teachers and students have been busy this week learning how to use their device for Distance Learning All. There are major changes being implemented from last spring. I believe we are on the right track to provide the best instruction during Distance Learning All in December. Thank you for your continued support.
Linda Borgerding | Principal