Chain of Communication - Who to Contact
As we start this new school year together, we at ISD 882 are working hard to reestablish effective communication guidelines for families. We believe wholeheartedly in our employees and their abilities to do their jobs, and we place a great level of trust in each of them. It is of the utmost importance that employees feel that trust, both from us and from our many stakeholders. For that reason, it is essential that both staff and families follow the system of communication and support that is set up within the district, and that everyone uses the proper channel and order of communication whenever possible. In short, it is imperative that you always first address an issue with the person closest to the situation. If further help is needed, that person will be able to direct you to the next appropriate person who can help in a given situation.
While we cannot plan for every single question or concern that may arise during the school year, we do want to provide a healthy pattern of communication for several common questions or concerns. Those patterns are as follows:
- If you have a question or concern about something in a classroom (curriculum, behavior management strategies, daily practices or procedures), please call the classroom teacher.
- If you have a question about a school-wide practice or procedure, please call one of the building principals.
- If you have a question about school start times, attendance, or daily schedules, please call the building office and one of the secretaries will assist.
- If you need a free or reduced lunch application, please call the building office and the secretary will assist.
- If your child needs social/emotional support, please call one of the school counselors or social workers.
- If you have a question about a sport or activity, please call the coach or advisor first. If it is a general question, please call the activities secretary.
- If you have a question about an activities-wide practice or procedure, please call the activities director. We have one at the MHS and one at the MMS.
- If you have a question about transportation, please call Hoglund Transportation first, then contact the building principal, then the superintendent.