Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will my child be outside every day?
Yes! In addition to outdoor recess, your child will spend time learning outside every day.
2. Won't my child be cold in the winter?
There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear! Teachers will educate families on how to dress appropriately during the winter months.
3. Am I responsible for my child's transportation to and from school?
No, transportation is provided by Hoglund Transportation for families that live in the Monticello School District. Families still have the option of bringing their child to and from school each day.
4. Is my child able to receive a school lunch, or do I need to send lunch from home?
Students in the Nature Based program have the opportunity to purchase breakfast and lunch. These meals are prepared and delivered right to our site.
5. Do I need to purchase different school supplies?
Nature Based classes have their own school supply lists. These can be located under the "For Families" tab!
6. Will the school provide outdoor gear for my child?
The school district will provide age appropriate rain gear for all students.
7. Where is the school located?
Our Nature Based program uses facilities located at Bertram Chain of Lakes Regional Park in Monticello, Minnesota.