Childcare services for Tier 1 and Tier 2 emergency services personnel are available.
To qualify for childcare services, the Minnesota Department of Education and Governor has defined that services should be provided to: school-age children who are ages 3 (must have turned 3 years old by September 1, 2019) through age 12 and are children of emergency workers critical to the State's response.
Tier 1 and Tier 2 are defined within pages 25-30 of the Monticello Distance Learning Guide.
You must bring a work badge or pay stub with you at drop off time so that we can ensure you meet the requirements of emergency services personnel.
Monticello School District will adhere to the Minnesota Department of Health’s social distancing guidelines while providing care.
REGISTRATION: Click this link and begin the registration process for emergency childcare. There are no fees attached to this registration. We need this to be filled out so that we know when you need care for staffing purposes.
6 AM - 6 PM
LUNCH & SNACKS:
A breakfast snack, lunch, and an afternoon snack will be provided.
BUSING: Hoglund Transportation Phone Number is: 763-295-3604
If you answer yes to needing transportation services during registration, the bus company will contact you directly. If you have any questions, contact them directly at 763-295-3604. Busing is available for families during the normal transportation hours (drop off at EEC will occur at 8:30 AM and pick up will occur at 4 PM) If you need care outside of the normal school day, parents will need to do drop off and pick-up.
If you do not want or need busing services, you can drop off directly at the Eastview office.
Care is located at the Eastview Education Center. Enter through the main doors and into the office.
Children 3 years old (must have turned 3 years old by September 1, 2019 through 12 years of age). Children not 3 years old by September 1, 2019 - 12 years of age will not be admitted.
DROP OFF/ PICK UP PROCEDURE:
- Families will drop off in the main office and not be allowed entrance into the building.
- Staff will take the temperature of the student and be sure the child isn’t on fever-reducing medications by asking the parent at that time also. If fever, unexplained coughing or shortness of breath, that child will be sent home with their parent at that time.
- Parents will be asked about respiratory symptoms (coughing, shortness of breath)
- At pick up time, families will come to the office and staff will walkie to have the student come to the office.
FOR CHILDREN AND STAFF:
In regards to staff, they cannot come to work if they have:
- A fever - 100
- Unexplained or worsening cough and/or shortness of breath
- Diarrhea within last 24 hours
- Vomiting within last 24 hours
- In close contact with someone diagnosed with or they/themselves diagnosed with COVID-19
We will be practicing social distancing. Students & staff will only be in groups of 10 or less per the guidelines set by the federal government.