As we start the 2022-23 school year, we are striving to create clear and consistent communication patterns across ISD 882. In order to help us establish those channels, and create a system of support that will best serve all stakeholders, it is imperative that our parents always first address an issue with the person closest to the situation. If further help is needed, that person will be able to direct you to the proper next person that will be able to help in a given situation.
While we can’t plan for every single question or concern that may arise during the school year, we do want to provide a healthy pattern of communication for a number of common questions or concerns. Those patterns are as follows:
- If you have a question or concern about something in a classroom (curriculum, behavior management strategies, daily practices or procedures), please call the classroom teacher.
- If you have a question about a school-wide practice or procedure, please call one of the building principals.
- If you have a question about school start times, attendance, daily schedules, please call the building office and one of the secretaries will assist.
- If you need a free or reduced lunch application, please refer to the Nutrition Services website. If you need additional help, please call the building office and the secretary will assist.
- If your child needs social/emotional support, please call one of the school counselors or social workers.
- If you have a question about a sport or activity, please call the coach or advisor first. If it is a general question, please call the activities secretary.
- If you have a question with transportation, please call Hoglund Transportation first, then contact the building principal, then the superintendent.