History of M.A.G.I.C. Programming
- Before it became M.A.G.I.C. programming, the Monticello High School implemented a first day of school for freshman only in 2015. Coinciding with that, MHS started a mentorship program that started on that first day of school between upperclassmen and freshman and carried on throughout the school year with consistent meetings and conversations.
- M.A.G.I.C. programming went into place at Monticello High School and Monticello Middle School during the 2017-18 school year.
- Programming includes retreat days, mentorship relationships, leadership development, and Youth Frontier programs.
- Programming is expected to go into effect at Pinewood Elementary and Little Mountain Elementary during the 2018-19 school year.
- Programming will include a retreat and the development of mentor relationships.
- Programming will hopefully be implemented for staff at all five district buildings during the 2019-20 school year. This would be full implementation.