How do students qualify for Title I?

  • Students qualify by in-house assessments and research-based assessments. The Title I teacher or paraprofessional works closely with classroom teachers to provide additional academic support. In order to be serviced by Title I, parent/guardian permission is required.  Please write a note to your child’s classroom teacher if you do not want your child to participate in the Title I program for the school year.  Unless Title I receives a note declining services, your child will receive Title I services.  Students usually remain in the program for the school year or until the Title I staff and classroom teacher feel that service is no longer needed.